Terms of service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the terms and conditions of use carefully before submitting orders through this site. By submitting your order, you are agreeing to the following terms. If you do not agree with the terms, do not submit an order.
1. Prices. The CGA tries to ensure prices shown on this website are accurate. However, occasionally a product may be mispriced. When a product’s correct price is lower than the stated price, we will issue a refund for the difference by cheque. When a product’s correct price is higher, the customer will be informed of the correct price and be given the opportunity to proceed with the order or cancel it. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
2. Delivery charges. Delivery charges for goods are in addition to the listed price of the item. Some goods are available only to members or registered students.
3. Goods, including instruments and books. Book sales are final. Sales of consumable supplies are final. Other goods may be returned for a refund within two weeks of purchase provided they are unused and in the original packaging. A 15% service fee will be charged. Defective goods will be replaced.
4. Memberships. Membership fees are paid annually and are non-refundable once the applicable membership year has commenced. Membership fees paid in advance may be refunded when the request is submitted before the beginning of the membership year, subject to a 15% service charge.
5. CGA Vocational and Short Courses. Refund policies for these products are outlined in the applicable enrolment contracts. Completed, signed enrolment contracts must be submitted to the CGA office before initiating payment. Payment through this site indicates you have read and agree to the policies outlined in the contracts and in the documents referenced within the contracts.
6. Other Products. If you are contemplating the purchase of an item for which the refund policy has not been specified, please contact the office for clarification in writing. If you have not been provided with a refund policy, it is understood that the item is non-refundable.
General. All transactions or activities undertaken by or with the Canadian Gemmological Association are regulated by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.